In the 8-week MBSR course, there are actually 9 weeks we meet. However, the first class starting on January 31 is an orientation class. In orientation, we spend time doing introductions. We cover the following topics:
- Why are you here? Like really, why are you here?
- What MBSR is and what it is not (i.e. It is not going to make you feel happy all the time.)
- History of MBSR
- Research on MBSR
- When the All-Day Virtual Retreat will be.
- What to wear.
- What to expect.
- How to structure your life in order to best support the field work you are invited to participate in (i.e. practicing non-doing and being kind to yourself when you realize your mind has wandered off to your grocery list).
- We confirm we will be meeting the next week and that everyone has the zoom link.
- And then we finish or start depending on your perspective.
This is it.